But I like the way this guy thinks. Enjoy life while you are living it, don't defer your joy. Accomplish your dreams now.
A couple of things happened recently that kind of pusshed me over the edge. One of my employee's husband died suddenly. A guy in his late 40s with no apparent health issues, heart attack. And a friend of mine caught a cold and stopped posting to me on a web thingy for a day or two. One change of monumental consequence, one inconsequential change, both gave me pause. Rethinking.
Some tactics I am employing so far
- Unsubscribed from a ton of email lists that I dont miss.
- Bought french press and ground beans, eliminating daily 60-90 minute morning coffee/reading Starbucks timesuck
- Chucked a bunch of 'to do' piles in my office, if i haven't gotten to those projects during 2008, i dont know why id spend time on them in 2009.
- Moving my workspace into my adjoining conference room, where I will remain available but less subject to interruption by staff
Some things I will be looking at
- Eliminate time sucks like gtalk, facebook,twitter. How? I am a little bit addicted :/
- Hire people.
- Evaluate client worthiness.
Looking forward to more time to read, train, fish, sleep.