Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Has anyone seen my patootie?

Because one of mine froze. I think it might have fallen off out by the garage.

My training plan calls for a run today, and I really am trying to get my work in early in the day. So for this 45 minute run, what I think of as a 'tempo/interval' type workout (WU 15' w strides, 4 x 1 mile at threshold pace with 4' recovery, 15 minute easy warm down), I set my alarm for 5:00 am.

I woke early, a little chilly and hearing the wind whistling outside my window. Waited for the alarm, turned it off and reset it for 6:00. Still cold, the wind still howling, I got up to walk the dog, meditate and reassess.

According the the local news it was 7 degrees Fahrenheit with the wind chill. I aint doin that.

So me and Brandy shared our morning banana, read email and overnight blogs and forum postings, and i rescheduled for tonight, when it will have warmed up to around 25.

The thing about this plan I am on is, I am urged to keep about 24 hours between workouts for recovery, and i have a bike workout scheduled for tomorrow, a day off Friday and then the 'big' days on Saturday and Sunday. I plan to cut out of here by 4:00 pm so I hopefully get done before dark. A hearty dish of chopped beef, tomatoes and rice will be waiting for me when I get in.

No comments: