Friday, January 9, 2009

I am a rookie.

I always kind of liked the idea of being a rookie. Like a rookie cop or a rookie baseball player. The word conjures a vision of a young newbie, with the basic, essential training and abilities to start, but still a lot to learn. Endless possibilities, hope for something great, but no guarantee. Promise in a pair of pants.

So it is with excitement and anticipation I bring you news. I am one of two "Iron Rookies", selected at random, to be followed by TriBoomer on his weekly podcast The Stay Tuned Report. You can listen to the introduction on podcast #22. You'll also get to cyber-meet the Running Jayhawk, the other selectee.

I think this will add another aspect to my iron journey, another opportunity to take time out to look at how I am doing, how this affects the people around me, to share with others this very positive experience, and to perhaps make a positive impact on someone I wouldnt have normally come into contact with.

Thanks, TriBoomer, for this opportunity. Good luck, Running Jayhawk! I am looking forward to sharing this amazing experience.

5 comments:

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

I'm looking forward to reporting on your journey to Ironman. This is gonna be fun!

Stay tuned...

HolisticGuru said...

This is wonderful news! Congrats rookie!

Simeon of Kent said...

Jolly good show old chap. Must apologise for not checking in much over the past few months...

Anonymous said...

Awesome news Rambonie. Congrats!

Iron Jayhawk said...

You still sound super fast to me! :)

After Lake Placid you'll have to give me all sorts of brilliant pearls of wisdom.

Keep up the hard work!