Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Settling in

Thursday July 23, 2009

Today's Thursday and Im just settling in to my spot in the house, unpacking my gear, greeting the housemates. I'm do not feel at all prepared for this race, and strangely i do not feel at all nervous either. On the ride up we discussed how i was feeling and how i would approach this major thing on Sunday. I wasn't quite sure how to articulate it, but i think ive got it now. Ive adjusted my expectations and re framed this from a focus on makign cut off times and finishing, to simply starting. I know i can do that. This has always been for fun, for me, and just chucking all the nervous energy really makes this an exciting adventure. its why im here.

later in the day I plan to swim. I havent had more than 4 or 5 swims since the winter. I'll do 2 loops if i can.

Other than that, some healthy eating , a few beers and plenty of rest planned.

No comments: